As a headsup,
- When you brew the tea, I recommend you put two or three teabags, since the tea flavor is not that strong in teabags. (Well this is if you like tea).
- The more “creamy” your milk is, the more it will taste like store-bought. So cream works the best naturally, followed by the skimmed/evaporated, but I think soy milk will depend on the brand of soymilk and whether or not one would enjoy the soy flavor. Low-fat wouldn’t work as great as skimmed.
- The sugar should be added prior to the milk, or you can make sugar water and shake/stir.
- Yeah, so if you do add ice, it will completely dilute the tea and milk, which is why you should make your tea flavor strong and have the milk be either cream or evaporated so that way it will still taste like milk tea instead of tasting like a watered down tea.
Make A Starbucks Frappuccino For $0.32
1 C double-strength Starbucks coffee OR 3/4 cup fresh espresso (cold)
3/4 C milk
3 Tbs sugar (or to taste)
2 C ice
Pinch of xanthan gum OR 1 tsp dry pectin
Brew the coffee. Combine ingredients in a blender with the ice. Blend. Pour the drink into a cup. Top with whip cream and chocolate syrup, if desired.
How to Make Nutella Hot Chocolate!
What you’ll need:
- Bag of hot chocolate
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
What to do:
- pour milk into a pan and let it warm up for about a minute or so.
- Take three table spoons of nutella and put into milk, and while the milk is beginning to get warmer stir the milk in the pan so the nutella will start to melt into the milk (It wont melt completely there will be little chunks of nutella but it tastes good)
- Open the bag of hot chocolate and pour into the milk and stir.
- Put your tasty nutella hot chocolate into a cute mug! Its going to be very hot so be careful not to burn yourself. Let it sit for a few minutes before drinking.
- And voila. You have a tasty drink.
since the first one was so popular, i made another. this frapp is currently on the three frapp menu when you walk into your starbucks. like you can in the store, you can substitute the milk for the milk of your choice. also if you don’t want to double brew coffee, find an extra strong blend (a darker roast) and just brew the normal amount of that. or use regular coffee if you don’t want it as strong.
if you love the ice cream you will most likely love the cupcake version. they even somewhat resemble the ice cream. garnish with chocolate sprinkles of a fresh mint leaf.